Saturday, December 4, 2010

(2) A Hero's Story Continued...

I will be keeping up on posting my story/introduction while also bringing in some gold posts. I was so excited to wake up and start writing this morning but i know i shouldnt blow out all my ideas too fast.

I left off with my first raid expirience and how bad of a raider i was supposed to turn out to be but my new path had been laid out in front of me. I was in a level/social guild <Sanctuary> for quite some time and i was one of the few level 80s we had. In my time in the guild i had seen many of the people i looked up to; level to 80, say their goodbyes, and jump ship to some raiding guild. Not wanting to let anyone down or leave the guild i started making plans to morph us into a raiding guild. The guild leader was taking a break from WoW and he promoted me

to the 2nd highest rank (giving GM to another 80). I quickly followed my path down the road of being a leader. I read countless forums on raid comp ect. and spamed recruitment macros every time i was in town. An after a few weeks i had put together roughly 7 players who were dedicated and for the first time for any of us... we completed Naxx10. My destiny was clear, lead them and they will win. We cleared  nax during ulduar times, i wasnt about to set us up to fail so i stayed out of ulduar until ToC and Ony came around.

My team wasnt ready to jump into these new places even though the fight mechanics were relatively simple until the day i found my savior, Rainen. I recruited this shaman not knowing his potential. He was a dps that i converted healer and dang was he good. He brought along with him his whole guild full of family members. I trained them all. I taught his wife to tank and increases the others' dps. I put the final touches on my 10 man team and stood over the corpse of onyxia and anub and paved our path into ICC.

We started out ICC doing rep runs 3-4 times every raid day, but little did i know my group was falling apart. certain days some wouldnt show up and the exact reason was me. i was pushing progression so hard that the casual raiders felt like it was too much of a job to be online. The very last succesful group i had cleared 7 bosses including dreamwalker. Dreamwalker was a milestone for the guild career as we were one of the first on the alliance side to actually kill her... err heal** but soon after my ten man lost our best healers and our best dps. i was too down to rebuild and departed with Xeroaze, my Death Knight tank. I looked toward to heavens and found my way into the 3rd ranked guild for the allaince <The Exiles>.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure whether it's caused by my rather huge screen resolution, but I find your text a bit arduous to read.
    Perhaps you could add some more paragraphs, or enlarge the site's width?

    Other than that, keep up writing. I'll visit again later, when there's hopefully more gold-related content published! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. definatly open to help as i just started yesterday :) ty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was barely cool enough back then to come on those raids. booooo. I'd like to raid with you again some day :)

    ReplyDelete